Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Day 2, Beijing style

The following was on the agenda for today:
1. Hike 8 km of the Great Wall (amazing, terrifying at moments, unfathomable creation, gorgeous views, rigorous hike, lots of conversations with random people)
2. Zipline down from the wall over a canyon
3. Random Chinese food with a girl named Sara (I seem to find Sarah's everywhere)
4. Night street market to try some odd food. The highlights for me include eating a seahorse, a scorpian, a tiny bite out of a cochroach type bug, and some random chewy candy that Sara and I decided tasted like incense.



2 comments:

Sarah said...

Glad you made it safely!!! also, WHY am I not going to Beijing too!?!? bahhhhh I'm stupid! well sounds like you're surviving and having fun! stay safe!

Heather C. said...

OMG I love you!!! You ate that??! You are my hero!!! I am getting sooo excited to see you!!