Sunday, June 15, 2008

Animal adventures

I just got back from a two day trip outside Bangkok to the Kanchanaburi area. It was amazing. Some highlights include the following:

Seeing the Bridge over the River Kwaie, going to the WW2 museum, and seeing the cemetary for Allied POWs killed in the construction of the bridge:


Going to the Temple of Tigers (where wildlife is incredibly tame). I literally layed in a tiger's paws, had a grown tiger's head in my lap, played with a tiger cub, stood feet away from boars and water buffalo, and pet a deer (which I had previously conceived to be the most skittish creatures on earth). It was an amazing experience! Definitely once in a lifetime :)


Sleeping on a river hotel and waking up to the following view:


Riding an elephant AND getting to spend an hour bareback riding a different elephant and bathing with it in the river. I could do flips and dives off of it, it sprayed me, and I had a ton of fun. Part of what made it so much fun was that there were just two of us on this part of the trip. Me and a girl named Alex (who ironically lives about 5 minutes from my parents, though we met in Thailand).









And jumping off a bridge


Thailand (outside Bangkok) is sooo much fun :) I don't want to leave a warm climate tomorrow!

For more pics see my facebook album:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2108848&l=dc8b5&id=4702163

No comments: