Monday, September 27, 2010

walking with rhinos

I went with about 15 of my coworkers and their spouses to a rhino sanctuary just a few hours outside Kampala. It was great fun and a nice escape from city-ish life. I walked within about 50 feet of a family of white rhinos and watched the mom nurse the baby. I scanned trees for monkeys (and managed to spot a few). I laughed at the Guinea fowl that failed to swerve off the road and tried to outrun the car instead. I pet a baby bush buck and was woken up by an oversized lizard scampering along the tin roof. I saw a massive snake sunning on the road. I successfully avoided acquiring any new mosquito bites.

Not a bad way to spend a Sat. night/Sunday morning, if you ask me!

1 comment:

Able Ponder said...

pretty cool dearie. We've been doing "r is for rhino" with annaliese. will have to show her your pics!