Friday, September 10, 2010

Home Improvement

If these two faces aren't going to make me happy when I come home, what will?!?


Meet Scout. She is super spunky and completely fearless. I am going to have my hands full with her, I can tell. But I am hopeful that like her namesake (Scout from To Kill a Mockingbird), she uses her feisty enthusiasm for positive things… like making me smile! Or killing bugs/lizards! Scout is one of my favorite characters ever. As my first cat, my Scout now has big expectations to live up to.


Meet Benvolio (yes, I'm a total English nerd, another literary reference). Benvolio is the most docile, sweet three-month old puppy ever. He is like a constant shadow following me around. Like his namesake, I hope he distracts me from things that might be dragging me down (Why should I cares about a lack of power or planning for 5 classes, anyhow?) and serves as a loyal friend. I have no doubt he will succeed at both.

I know there are all sorts of movies and stories about how cats and dogs hate each other, but for now my new little ones are getting along splendidly! What a fun way to spend my Friday (many thanks to the Muslim church and the Ugandan government for the last minute declaration of a public holiday: Eid).

1 comment:

Mary Kate said...

yay for bringing these two little ones home!! They are so precious and I LOVE the names! Keep the pics coming. Miss you friend! xo