Monday, September 27, 2010

Like an obsessed mother...

…I would like to post my fourth post about my animals in a row. They are doing well, thanks for asking! I just came back inside from my favorite pet parent time: every night I take Benvolio out and wind him down by throwing tennis balls across the yard. He mostly gets the idea of fetch and it is fun to watch him bound back and forth between the fruit trees. Scout, who is normally an indoor cat, get to come along (but isn’t allowed to wander). She stays safely tucked in to my sweatshirt and we get some quality snuggle time. Recently she has taken to sneaking down one of my sleeves to watch as I throw the ball with my other arm. She purrs and acts strangely calm (a sharp contrast to the spastic kitten she is in the house).
Isn’t she cute?


I am also happy to report that my babies survived their first night without me at home (my capable guards took care of them) when I went away to a rhino sanctuary for the night. Benvolio may have sulked a bit when I got home, but they will live without me from time to time (this was a whole 16 hour trip).
Look at his pitiful sulking face:

No comments: