Sunday, March 2, 2008

Kicking off to a good start

About three weeks ago I started assistant coaching the high school girls varsity soccer team here at TCIS. I am coaching with a couple from my school, Tiece and Ted, who are dorm parents to some of our middle schoolers. Tiece is head coach and has been for the last 4 years. It has been a lot of fun to work with her and the girls. While I no longer have any free time at all, my hours are filled with 22 sweet girls who desire to get better at a sport I love. We practice together every M, T, Th and tend to have games W, Fri, Sat. Many of our games we take buses all over south Korea to play other International and Department of Defense schools. We only have a few returning players, so this is definitely a rebuilding year. But there is a lot of potential in our girls and they pulled off a big victory in our first game on Sat. We played KIS and our girls won 9-0. In general, I am really excited to get to know all these girls in a role outside of "teacher" and also to be outside and running around at least 5 days a week.

Here are a few pics from our first game coutesy of Ted:
The whole team (yes, I know that I blend in with the students... if only I were taller)


Tiece and I pretending that we just scored for the camera before the game (we didn't have to pretend later... but this picture still makes me laugh)


I'm sure there are many more pictures to come. Ted takes about 75 pictures per game :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That last picture is just...fantastic. love it