Sunday, March 9, 2008

8 months

On Sat, after my girls played a great soccer game, I went with about 8 Daejeon singles I knew on a hike up a mountain on the south side of town. It was a beautiful clear day, perfect for a group outdoor adventure. We met up with some members of the Daejeon Photography Club and together noticed the eerie angles of a deserted amusement park, the steep inclines studded with bald winter trees, and the strange wonders of giant manmade birdhouses (probably 200+ bird capacity). As we reached the summit, a striking view of Daejeon was revealed to me. I was struck by how large the city was that sprawled below and how much of it remains undiscovered. I was also suprised at the revelation that hit me: THIS IS MY HOME and it has been for 8 months on Tuesday! 8 months! It seems like I just moved here. It seems like my adventure just began. And yet the school year is only a few months from ending...

Time truly flies.

One angle of Daejeon


The mountains south of the city


Me by the summit view:

2 comments:

Heather C. said...

Ahh, you look so good and happy lillers!!! How time flies!! I still miss you, think about you often, and am always sending good wishes your way.

HEARTS!!!

Able Ponder said...

you're amazing, girl. so cool that you like where you are.