Tuesday, February 26, 2008

SNOW! is the theme of the day

Snow #1: for my birthday I went with Sarah Yu, Kirsten, Emily, Meredith, Don, Phil, and Elizabeth on a sled trip. We took a bus to a ski resort expecting to find big hills. Instead we found two fairly small slopes in kidsland. We made the most of the situation, though. We tried to race and take each other out. Phil even tried to take out the man who sat with a whistle at the bottom of the hill. The little whistle guy wore an animal hat and sprinted at you as you approached the bottom. Aparently this was supposed to make me want so slow down... instead all I wanted to do was laugh.

Looking like a true sledder... all bundled up!


Check out the monster hills we had. We were REALLY tough.


A few shots with friends:





SNOW #2- It doesn't snow much in Daejeon, but we woke up this morning to several inches of snow on the ground. SO an impromptu lesson based of playing in the snow quickly formulated. I took my first block writing class outside to enjoy the fresh snow. My students threw snowballs, built snowmen, ran around, and laughed harder than I've seen them laugh in a long time... then they came back inside and wrote poems capturing their expereinces. We shared our poems gathered around a heater and managed to turn class into a great writing workshop time :) The snow lasted all day long-- today we got to have soccer practice in the snow too! Trying to get those high school girls to toughen up... I guess with weather like this we won't have to work as hard! I know I'm a special Californian who clearly does not get enough snow in her life, but snow is so much fun! Eeeeeeeeeek!

TCIS in the snow


F block


My kids in action





Snow is so great when you only get it a few times a year :)

No comments: