Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Many reasons for grattitude

I am leaving Uganda refreshed. I have been able to hug and laugh with dozens of friends. I have  slept in (on occasion). I have gotten to know my friends' babies that have grown into delightful toddlers while I've been away. I have caught up a bit on work I was behind on. I have spent hours and hours in gardens listening to birds and enjoying greenery. Not only that, I have two weeks of full time vacation to look forward to. The further I go in this journey, the more and more I realize how much I have to be grateful for. People's hospitality amazes me. I am very blessed, indeed. 

A quick shout out to my last two "homes" in Uganda. Lynda and her son Zeke opened their home to me for several days. I was sad that I missed her daughters, my former students who are now back in Australia, and her husband who is currently in West Africa. However, it was great to get a few days of quality time with my former co-worker and church friend. 

Lucy (left) and Lynda (right)


My 11th guest room of the trip was with my friends Mark and Lucy. It was so nice to reminisce, relax in their pool, and play with their daughter Isla (who was kind enough to share her room with me). Thanks for being such great hosts and friends!

Isla
Mark and pups



No comments: