Monday, September 1, 2008

Retreat fun

I just got back last night from a retreat with all the staff and families from TCIS and GSIS (our sister school). We all filled a nice hotel in Gyeongju and spent 3 days together exploring the area and relaxing. It was my third time to this area, one known for its lush green mountains and historical monuments, and I opted to spend my Sat. making traditional paper crafts and laying on a beach rather than taking one of the cultural tours again. I had a lot of fun. I made a paper lamp in the morning. In the afternoon I enjoyed the sun and was lulled by the sound of the ocean. I filled all the nooks and crannies of time between events with conversations and laughter. It was a nice respite from school life :)

Pictures and updates on school to come soon.

For now, 2 pics stolen from google images of the hotel:



A few pics from my first trip to Gyeongju (July '07 with Sarah, Sarah, and the Yu cousins) that show a few of the historical monuments:


No comments: