Thursday, July 3, 2008

Filling in the gaps

It has been awhile since I updated and my mom reminded me that there are people who read my blog that do not have access to facebook (which I have updated numerous times since I have gotten home). I do not want to leave those of you who follow my blog in suspense for too long. Alas, I am posting. Since my last entry I spent 9 days in New Zealand and came home to CA. Highlights of New Zealand include skydiving, soaking in thermal pools/mudbaths in Rotorua, visits to multiple Maori performances, and having a couple from TCIS graciously show me around Auckland.

If you are interested in seeing highlight photo albums from both Australia and New Zealand, see my facebook albums below:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2110862&l=77077&id=4702163
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2110874&l=80f9e&id=4702163

Just to give you a taste:
skydiving just south of Auckland

At the sheep show (one of our only rainy day options in Rotorua)

One of the world's largest thermal waterfalls at Hell's Gate (in Rotorua):

With one of my Auckland hosts, Jane, at a Maori performance :) The MoiMois were such a blessing! It was great seeing familiar faces after several weeks on my own.


I promise to post a reflection on home soon. So far, I have not really processed that I am back in the states. I am somewhat jetlagged and very lazy. Not many people are around, so I'm taking things slow and easing back in to American life. For now, I should try to get myself to sleep at a fairly normal CA time :)

No comments: