Sunday, November 16, 2014

Bed #5: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia


I met Chris at a Global Issues Service Summit in Mozambique back in 2011. He was teaching in Nigeria at the time and I was teaching in Uganda. It was at this conference, during a happy hour conversation with Chris and other service-learning folks, that my dissertation research project was first brainstormed. Nearly four years later, it’s fun to be able to swap ideas together again. Chris has been a huge supporter of my research from its inception. 

Chris is married to an awesome woman, Amanda. Amanda, who I met for the first time two weeks ago, is both funny and down to earth. She is incredible with their spunky 2-year-old daughter. I’ve really enjoyed getting to know her and am so grateful for her willingness to take in another verbose extrovert.

As my journey continues, I am perpetually struck by how lucky I am to have such great friends around the world.


PS- I haven’t forgotten how to count (yes, I know my last post about hosts described “bed 2”). Bed #3 was a hotel for the triathlon in Watamu, bed #4 was a tent in the Masai Mara.

No comments: