Monday, March 5, 2012

My Favorite Things


*Written in honor of my decision to take my offer at UCLA*

Sushi and smoothies and berries that glisten
Walking at dusk with no fear of being bitten
Passing a cop... what no bribes have to sling?
These are a few of my favorite things

Strolling on beaches and artists that doodle
Target and malls... the whole kit and caboodle 
 Blossoms that come with the start of the spring [seasons?]
These are a few of my favorite things

Downloads in seconds and uploads in flashes
Rubbish in bins in lieu of burning stashes
Family close by and the hugs that they bring
These are a few of my favorite things


Chorus:
When the power cuts
When the choir sings [at 2 am?] 
When no water’s had
I simply remember LA’s offerings
And then I don't feel so bad

1 comment:

jchough said...

Freaking genius!!!
Love it Sarah!
Made my heart smile and sing!
Congrats again!

:)
:)
xxx
p.s. do you think that was too many exclamation marks?