Saturday, March 3, 2012

February in Pictures

At the start of February, I accompanied the grade 11 students to Fort Portal and Kibale Forest for ISU's Week Without Walls. Students conducted science experiments in the forest, participated in local service projects, learned about the Toro Kingdom, toured fair trade tea estates, etc. It was a great bonding time with students! As an added bonus, my group saw a family of chimps in the forest! 


My student leaders for the Global Issues Network organized the first (of hopefully several) fair trade coffee house at ISU. They sold fair trade products, orchestrated an evening of musical performances, displayed green artwork, shared information about causes, etc. I was VERY proud of their efforts!


Last week I toured Ethiopia during my half term break. It was a beautiful and fascinating country! It was so different than Uganda (everything from landscape to religion to language was unique). A fantastic trip!




No comments: