Sunday, September 6, 2009

Seoul Inspired

I was feeling a bit restless after 2 weeks of being confined to my home (stupid stomach!), so I went up to Seoul for a day this weekend. It was great to free myself from the bubble that is my TCIS life. I got to see Lauren, do a bit of shopping, and stop at one of my favorite places in Seoul: the 5th floor of Dongdaemun shopping center (otherwise known as the place I find my jewelry supplies in Korea). I wandered the stalls and acquired enough quirky materials to pull together 7 pairs of new earrings (1 is still pending). Check out my newest designs:

First, the simplest (funky materials but easy construction):




Some that were a little more complex (painting and/or balancing required):



Finally, my personal favorite, the most Korean pair of earrings I have made to date. Love the randomness:

No comments: