Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Reflections

When I am in Korea, I expect to experience new things all the time. However, as much as the rational side of me knows that life goes on without me in the states, I am always a bit surprised. Perhaps is an egocentric thing, or an oblivious thing. Either way, it has been interesting to see my friends living grown up lives. While I have been navigating the transition period commonly known as one's 20s, my friends have also been changing, meeting people, learning, developing, and growing up. I have loved all the moments of interaction I have had with loved ones who have known me at different stages of life. Like mirrors, I think we reflect back to each other the selves we once were. We help each other realize the subtle ways that we have changed. Most of the changes are good, I think. Yet it is always a bit surprising to learn how much you have grown over time... and how much your friends (and family members) have matured as well.

Deep thoughts. Deep thoughts.

No comments: