Sunday, June 28, 2009

Subtle Significance

In contrast to dramatic storms, deeply unnerving stories of oppression, giant lizards, high school students’ drama, and the multitude of novel situations I have faced this spring, life has been incredibly non-radical since returning to the states. However, it has not lacked important moments. Nightly walks with my parents, lefsa making with my grandma, coffee with friends who I have known since high school, my grandfather’s birthday, debates in the hot tub with my brothers, beach strolls with my mom, and phone dates all remind me of the importance of relationships.

My time in California has been extraordinarily uneventful. I have mostly kept loved ones company: doing laundry (yes, I’ve been to laundry mats in 2 cities already), assembling beds, photocopying documents… you know, the thrilling stuff people write blogs about. Yet, I would not trade these times for a cruise or world trip (well, you might be able to tempt me with the right trip). Either way, I have to say, my friends and family are pretty great.

No comments: