Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Maybe I'm just missing psychology...

Somehow, the topics of personality types and preferred love languages have seemed to come up in conversations ALL THE TIME these days with people in my extended community. A bit random, yes, but important (and of course fascinating!).

As I have conversed with my friends, I have realized how an understanding of these could dramatically shift our friendships. For example, I had a friend who I was surprised to discover preferred gifts as her love language. I realized I had never given her a gift (though I had given her a lot of quality time, my own preferred love language). It makes me want to ask all my friends and family members about their preferences! I wanna make sure I’m loving people in the most effective ways 

Similarly, I have been realizing how important it is to understand my own preferences, approaches, and needs. Reading descriptions of ENFJs (my Myers-Briggs result), almost all of which are dead-on, I can understand so much better how my personality both affects me and differs from others’ personalities.

So, my results (in case you are wanting to show me some love or psychoanalyze me):
Myers-Briggs: ENFJ (I'm sure the E for extrovert is a total shock to you all)
Love languages for both giving and receiving: 1) quality time, 2) physical touch 3) acts of service

2 comments:

Gail said...

I love this stuff! I'm an ESFJ. Also pretty spot on. I've heard about the love language stuff but haven't had a chance to read it. Is there an abbreviated version, or do I need to buy the book? Hope Thailand is treating you well. Stay safe!

SSA said...

Love boryeong mud festival! I will join this year again!
Their official website:
http://www.mudfestival.or.kr/index.html