Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Spreading the Peppero cheer... and staying another year

Hi friends! Happy Peppero Day! Peppero Day is a blatent excuse for a major sweets company (Peppero) to sell ooddles of chocolates. Koreans go nuts for this holiday and buy all their friends and loved ones choclate dipped cookie sticks. In true Korean fashion, vendors doll up their products with massive ribbons and bows and stuff them in giant life-sized teddy bears. Many adhere to the bigger is better approach. As I strolled the streets downtown tonight, I even saw giant baguettes dipped in chocolate! See some pictures below.


those giant baguettes I mentioned:


yep, that's a massive peppero in his hand...

and if that isn't some serious overly glammed-up packaging, I don't know what is...


On a more serious note, I resigned my contract on Friday. I feel like my time here is not up yet. So I committed for another year. I can't believe I will have been in Korea for 3 years by the time my contract expires!!! Certainly not something I would have predicted for my life. You can see some pretty fall shots of my city in the fall below. All three pics are pretty trees/leaves from my neighborhood.




One final note... I have to mention that last weekend I hung out with my friend Ruth up in Seoul. Ruth, who has known me since kindergarten, was in Seoul for work. We got to play together during the wekeend after her conference ended. It was so fun to show her around and introduce her to a few of my friends. Who would have guessed that we would get to be in Korea together !?! One highlight pic below. You can follow the link to my facebook album with about 60 pics from her visit.


Click here to see the Facebook album of Ruth's visit

2 comments:

pinhofamily said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you are staying another year! Woohoo!

Sarah L said...

me too :)