Thursday, November 13, 2008

Restless stirrings

Maybe it's because I just committed to staying still for another year. Perhaps it's because I have been sick for the last week and have only recently returned to the normal world or because I'm teaching all the smae classes this semester. Or maybe it's my school schedule, with not even a three-day weekend as a respite from work from the start of September till Dec. 20. Whatever the cause, I'm feeling stir-crazy in a major way. So I'm trying to focus on my spring, where I'll probably be longing for a single weekend home. My spring, where I travel all over Korea for soccer games. My spring, where I go just a little bit crazy with the international travel.

My future at a glance:
Trip #1: Go to CA for the holidays (Dec. 20- Jan 8)

*Return to Korea, a few days later Sanaz visits! (assuming ticket sales go as planned)
*Sanaz leaves, 1 week of classes till trip #2

Trip #2:Lunar New Years= 5 day weekend= tentative ferry trip to Japan to see Hiroshima

*Return to Korea, soccer starts, 3 weeks of classes

Trip # 3: Winter break -- LASA trip to the Phillipines (same service trip I went on last year-- housebuilding with students for Habitat for Humanity)

*Return to Korea, 3 weeks of school

Trip #4: EARCOS teacher's conference in Malasyia

*Return to Korea, 1 week of school

Trip #5: Spring break- a tentative beach trip somewhere (likely Vietnam)

*Back to school 3 days

Trip #6: Fly with the soccer team to Beijing for the Asia Pacific Activities Conference

*Return to Korea--only 2 months left of school till summer vacation ! Throw in a few weeks of soccer-within-Korea travel to round out the school year.


Okay, I guess my life isn't so boring after all. I can maybe survive the present lull.

Just 1 month and 7 days till I'm back in California!!

1 comment:

Heather C. said...

OMG! You're life is so incredibly awesome!!!!!!! And, call me when you're in the states. I'm thinking about coming back to the west coast during that time anyhoosies!