Tuesday, November 27, 2007

All about the kids

At TCIS, we work a lot. I put in ridiculously long hours and devote huge parts of my time and energy to these kids. So here they are--my beloved students in photo form :)

First, just a few of my freshmen girls:


Some group shots of my sophomores:




These sophomore girls are in my class AND live right next door to me:


The place where it all happens: (notice the awesome couches and the 6 foot tree that was constructed by a student for a project... unbelievable)


I really like color and my kids make pretty (yet thoughtful) projects...


My soccer kiddos (this is an older pic but I don't think I posted it on my blog...)


And just for fun, here are a few other REALLY random pics:
I got a haircut (only about $30 for a cut, color, two shampoos, and a blowdry):


We like to call these the "Nore-closets" aka- tiny closet-like spaces where 2-4 people can norebong (or kariyoke). THey = fun times on a Thursday night.


Look, there was a whole chicken in my soup! (mini-chicken)Annette likes to tell me this soup is very healthy and what Koreans eat to stay well. There were ginger roots, dates, and other random vegetables stuffed into the chicken.


In public rest stops there is some educational reading in the bathroom stalls. On my trip back from women's retreat in Gyeungju I got to learn what to do if my car catches on fire. What this image didn't catch was the first step... first I am to set up a huge ring of cones around my blazing car. Aparently I will have a whole pile of cones readily available.


And last, but not least. Here's a rose from pepero day, AKA a day that a candy company (pepero) has coined as a holiday where people give pepero sticks to friends or loved ones. People went crazy with the giant pepero sticks (pepero are basically cookie sticks that are half-way sipped in chocolate). I got this rose from a friend with some nice peperos and put it in my pretty Korean vase :)


Anyhow, enough randomness. I must go to bed. Love and miss all of you. It's hard to be so far away for the holidays. Stay in touch!

No comments: