Monday, June 4, 2012

D-16

Thought 1: My friend had a dress sale today. I was trying things on when it dawned on me... I'm going to need clothing for something besides infinite summer. Is it sad when LA seasons are going to seem extreme?

Thought 2: I talked to Peter last night and it hit me that I am really going to have several months of down time! No curriculum to develop, no new course materials to read up on, no collection systems to plan. I am already making lists of things I want to do, languages I want to learn, stories I want to record, people I want to catch up with...

Thought 3: I need to be careful, or I will be addicted to Amazon. For years I have had to worry about the precise (physical) weight of each and every item I purchase. Now that I have free access to ground transport, I am realizing the danger. I have bought about 30 used books already that are waiting for me in CA. I just used a gift from friends to purchase some kitchen items (including an espresso maker and a pressure cooker). What can't I find on Amazon? I am slightly scared that I will immediately get sucked into the ease of American consumerism. In some ways, being in communities void of shopping opportunities has made life so easy!

Thought 4: Moving is exhausting. It is 9:02 pm, I have finished my glass of wine, and I am ready for bed. Goodnight, moon.

No comments: