Monday, August 16, 2010

TIA

This is just to say that I hate power outages. Yes, already. I have had power for all of about 6 hours in the last 4 days... combined! I need to do tons of work, but my computer dies every couple hours because I can't charge it (courtesy of the power outages). And I have not gotten strong lanterns yet, alas I am stuck with a few candles that can only cast their meager beams so far. The dark was a good excuse not to do anything and sleep early one night... but four nights in a row?!?

I guess I just need to shake it off and adopt the acronym everyone at school recites with a laugh when things don't go as planned (which seems to be often): TIA... this is Africa!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can imagine that this is a huge shock, especially coming from technology savvy places like Korea and Silicon Valley. Hopefully when you've adjusted you'll come away with a sense of calm that so many of us are lacking due to being used to instant gratification. In the meantime, I'm thinking about you. Thanks for the updates!!

Hugs,
Gail