Tuesday, October 13, 2009

This week's top 10:

Ten signs I’ve been too busy playing post surgery catch-up/English teacher at the end of a marking period/student teacher’s mentor/coach/friend:

1)I haven’t blogged in almost a month. I did not even post anything about my trip to Hong Kong!
2) The dishes in my sink are overflowing and I haven’t been cooking at home at all (see #3)
3) I haven’t grocery shopped since before my surgery (sometimes I wonder how I eat!)
4) I have a carefully calculated estimate of exactly how many more minutes it will take until I finish grading my students’ expository essays (approx. 330 more minutes if I keep up the same pace… the end is in sight!)
5) The plant in my bedroom was completely dead before I realized I had not watered it. I don’t even remember the last time I checked on it.
6) I get excited about 10 minute breaks in my work.
7) I have not turned on my television, even as background noise, all week. For that matter, I haven’t picked up a book for fun or listed to music either.
8) There has only been one night in the last 8 days that I have gone to bed before midnight.
9) I can’t remember what I did last weekend and it’s only Tuesday.
10) All the usual procrastination techniques (redecorating, laundry, etc.) have been done.

Thankfully, I think by this upcoming weekend my mountain of grading should be complete. Then I can start addressing the issues listed above (I think #2 is becoming a health hazard).

4 comments:

pinhofamily said...

Too funny! Add a visit to our family something to catch up on when the grading is over. I'll cook you a real meal so you can eat! :)

dön said...

you should update more. i go to all your guys blog often... (usually to procrastinate when i have a lot of work.. ; /)

Meredith said...

if you need some more procrastinating ideas, i've got some! :) i'm so happy you are back to heathly! if i was still your neighbor, i would cook you soup! mmmmwa! love you!

Sarah L said...

thanks friends! Don and Mer, miss you both :)