Monday, March 30, 2009

The Joys of Teaching at an International School :)

I love my job. I mean, I seriously love my job (at least this week). I just got back from a week of "work" in Malaysia. Basically, I went with 2 of my closest friends (and about 8 other teachers from my school) to a conference here:



During my 6 day trip I met many new friends, heard some interesting talks, learned many useful things, and spent every afternoon here:


And my work paid for most of the trip!! Malaysia was beautiful and it was very tough to come home. Alas, I was comforted by the fact that in just 5 days, I will be here playing with kids in the Beulah home orphanage in Bangalore, India:


If that isn't enough, I know that I will be here watching my soccer girls (who are presently in 2nd place!) play in Beijing the week after that:


Finally, as if life isn't already great, I just bought two tickets for trips at the end of the school year. First, I am heading to Thailand to meet people already working to fight human trafficking in the region. Then I fly back to the states (June 18)! Life is good :)

1 comment:

Able Ponder said...

DAMN girl.

You are going to have some amazing stories to tell your grandkids.