Friday, February 6, 2009

Don't hate me for saying this...

5 day work weeks feel really long when you haven't had them for quite awhile. It's like getting back in shape (which I am also doing at the moment). You know the process is good for you, but it is nonetheless painful. Evidence: sore muscles, 3 cups of coffee each morning, confusion regarding school vs. home things (ex: Student: "Did you get my homework?" Me: "Well when I checked on facebook, I mean Edline, and it wasn't uploaded yet.") and an inability to answer questions in a logical fashion before 8 am or after 10 pm. Let's be honest, I've never really been good at answering questions before 8 am, but still!

As I build up to a routine and a comfortable level of fitness, I can sense that life is about to go into overdrive. Yesterday I ran a conditioning pre-season practice for the soccer girls. Tryouts officially start on Monday and I am preparing myself for the fact that my free time is about to disappear completely. I also just joined a Beth Moore Bible study this week that requires me to do homework 5 times between sessions. I already have an overwhelming pile of papers to grade. I leave the country 4 more times in the next 3 months. I'm trying to brace myself for impending chaos. At least I know I thrive in chaos :)

No comments: