Tuesday, January 20, 2009

American at heart


It’s 2:25 am. I’m sitting on my apartment’s heated floor watching a fuzzy Korean news channel, the only live showing of the inauguration that I can find. My new president is speaking with composure and passion and a healthy dose of idealism. Every single line Obama speaks is immediately echoed by a Korean woman’s translation. Even as I strain to hear the English through its Korean counterparts, I can tell that Obama’s words preach ideals that many people long for. Now let's hope that Obama can meet our insanely high expectations set for him. I’m praying that this man can truly lead our nation to do great things both in our country and around the world. There is so much we can and must do as a nation.

1 comment:

Mommy said...

me too! about part of him meeting out expectations...not the heated floor part or the translation of korean part..haha