Monday, October 15, 2007

Hot Air Balloon Festival

There was a hot air balloon festival in Daejeon this weekend and I went with some TCIS friends, a new friend from CA (I'm stoked to have a fellow Californian!), and some German guys we met in Cheju-do. We had all imagined that we were going to see a ton of hot air balloons and a neat airshow. Instead, we got there and the man at the info booth informed us that there was too much wind (seriously there was not even a mild breeze... it was just plain hot and still). There were a ton of people, but the sky shows were scarce.

Here was the sole balloon in the sky:


Don't blink, this was the 3 pm airshow.


I have to say that the aviary highlight would be these men in gliders who flew over us and threw handfuls of ginseng candies. Old men shoved to grab the falling candies. I managed to get one myself. Unfortunately, I missed all my picture opportunties. I was too busy chasing flying ginseng.

While there were not many adventures in the sky, we found plenty of fun on the ground. There were a ton of booths and we entertained ourselves trying (or scoffing at) random Korean foods. First some of the ones I refused to eat:
Boiled silk worm larvae:


Chicken feet:


Either "butt holes" or "gizzards"... we got two different translations:


And my adventurous moment, conchs:


Anyhow, blogger is having uploading issues so I can't upload any new pics. I should go to bed soon anyhow. Who wants to eat after these images?

Miss you!

No comments: